Technical Project Manager
Virtual Labs Engineering and Architecture Division (VLEAD) is looking for a competent and experienced technical project manager to work in the core technologies of Virtual Labs. The engineering team is looking for a technical architect who can conceptualize and design intelligent systems, understand the project ecosystem, identify issues and bottlenecks and proactively come up with solutions. Commonly used technologies for Virtual Labs are:
- OS: Linux/Unix
- Tools: Redmine (Project Management System), Mediawiki, Emacs (Org-mode)
- Version control: git
Some of the problems that you can solve while managing different teams:
- Find solutions to complex issues that are unique to our project and integrate them across integration teams.
- Conceptualise and build intelligent platforms that maximize the value of our offering and helps us proactively reach out to more customers.
- Drive architecture discussions, code reviews, design reviews and inculcate engineering best practices across the team. Be part of annual external review meetings at MHRD.
- Strong emphasis on performance and quality with a sharp business sense.
- Be an advocate for an extensible, scalable and maintainable design and lead by example.
- Drive long term technology initiatives.
- Be a technical mentor for team members and drive improvements in coding standards across large code bases.
- Move to state-of-the-art technologies as demanded by the environment and ensure effective delivery of outcomes.
- B.Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of relevant software design and development experience is desirable.
- Solid coding and problem solving skills with ability to architect cross team features to refactoring existing frameworks.
- Exposure to a wide range of problem spaces and technologies and the ability to evaluate upcoming technologies.Good understanding of SDLC, and the Program Management methods.
- Experience in functional programming, Haskell, Scheme and Scala languages would be appreciated.
- Solid foundation in computer science principles with good requirements and design documentation skills.
- Ability to create strong working relationships within and across functional teams.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and familiarity with design patterns.
- LAMP stack proficiency (Expertise with Python is preferred.)
- Prior startup experience (cloud-based product or service is a bonus), AWS experience and contributions to open source projects would be desirable.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org